Winters usually are associated with eating fatty foods, desserts, etc. The fact that winter has two major holidays does nothing to further add to this atrocity we commit via a bad diet. So all this junk food starts accumulating in our body and slows down or blocks the flow of the life force or prana. One can compare this to a computer that “freezes” when its memory is not cleared off all the junk. Likewise, a ou get feeling you are stuck! Then comes the magic command RESTART…. And everything comes to normal.
How we can restart our body system? Follow these easy steps to reboot your system. This will give you new energized body & mind.
1. A glass of water early in the morning. Water helps in removing body toxins and accumulated waste. It aids in good elimination. It improves skin complexion.
For Vata constitution drink warm water,
For pitta constitution drink room temperature water + 1 tsp juice of lemon.
For Kapha constitution drink Warm water + 1 tsp Honey
2. Do yoga in the morning. Yoga helps in improving energy flow in the body. Sun salutations are the complete body exercise, which improves the functioning of digestive system, cardiovascular system. This improves flexibility of the body and improves the mental capacity. Physical exercise brings about lightness, stability and stimulates the digestive fire.
3. Wheat grass juice: This is an excellent detoxification agent. It acts as skin cleanser, colon cleanser. It controls blood pressure. Improves functioning of brain, nervous system, and respiratory system. You can drink wheat grass juice + carrot juice + fruits.
4. Eat Fresh produce: Always try to incorporate organic fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Try to eat foods including 6 taste and 7 colors of rainbow. It will not only boost your body but will also stimulate mind.
5. Restore Elimination: This is an important step in the detox programs. Eating high fiber diet and drinking plenty of water throughout the day is crucial. Eating black raisins soaked in water in morning is also helpful.
6. Spices: use of different spices like turmeric, cumin, coriander, and fennel while cooking is very beneficial. These spices remove accumulated toxins from the body. They improves digestion
7. Skins cleanse: dried ground orange peel or lemon peel. You can substitute ground lavender or rose petals or sandalwood powder. Exfoliate skin by rubbing these dry powders on your body.
8. Mind Cleanse: This is the last but most important. Clean up your thoughts bring Sunshine to the mind. Choose a good happy thought for the day and revise it. Make a motto bring positive thoughts. Take action to resolve your fights. Spend more time with people who will inspire you.
Healthy body & happy mind key to long life! Happy Cleaning!